Friday, April 4, 2008

a ramble at the zoo

Sun on our faces, fresh air, little hands dirty with goat and llama food, and the sound of kids squealing with delight upon spotting the elusive walking stick--I can't think of a better way to spend four hours on a beautiful spring day.

Owen enjoys watching the giant hissing cockroaches. From personal experience, I prefer to observe cockroaches which are enclosed behind glass, as opposed to cockroaches which are running amok in my apartment because my less than stellar landlord swapped my broken refigerator with a used, bug-infested replacement unit. Yes, fourteen years later, it still gives me the creeps.

owen at zoo

Lazy male lion, one of three new cubs at the zoo.

lazy lion cub

Dolly Llama poses between handouts.

dolly llama

One of Owen's favorites, the snapping turtle.

snapping turtle

No comments: